Monday 20 March 2017

Second Finish for the FAL 2017 First Quarter

My second finish for the Finish Along 2017 is done.  My original goal list can be found HERE.  You can read all about the FAL2017 by clicking on the button below


I am so pleased with my progress. Did not think I would finish another quilt before the deadline was up!

This wall hanging was started last year following a class with Bethanne Nemesh called 'Feather Faster'. I really enjoyed this class even though it was just basically drawing out feathers, but we were left with 'homework' in the form of this cute little wall hanging to try out some of the feathers. This was great fun but took a while to complete as I had started to densely fill in the background. Underestimated this a bit.

But here it is 'Birds On a Wire', designed by Bethanne Nemesh

Close up

Texture Galore

Yes, went a bit overboard with the background fillers but the texture is amazing! Also discovered that by outlining the bottom feathers with the lighter orange thread, it really made it pop...should have done this also in the  feathers above with some white thread...that would have been good.  Well, live and learn...😺

The wall hanging measures 32" x 28" and is exclusively quilted with Aurifil 50/2 thread. Needless to say this was a lot of fun!

Linking up to the Finish Along 2017 over at Eleven Gardens Quilts for the Quarter 1 Link Up

Karin

8 comments:

  1. Great texture. What a cute project. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your blog and one thing I would love to know is "do you quilt in a cabinet?" I have a P5 and while I love it it is "my other machine" because I am used to quilting on my Bernina 720 and one reason is that it sits closer to me - lots closer. My needle is 6 inches away from me on my Bernina and 10.5 inches away on my P5. I would love to figure out how to get it closer while sitting in a cabinet. I do use the knee lift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my machine sitting in a 'Horn' cabinet flush with the table, so it is easier to move my project around. However, it means I am limited by the set up and I am definitely not as close as you are to the machine.

      Delete
  3. You really have your feathers down good Karin, they are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt. The picture of the back shows just how wonderful your quilting is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and such amazing quilting! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2017 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! Amazing feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WUNDERSCHÖN!!!
    Herzlichen Glückwunsch zu diesem Schmuckstück liebe Karin.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts