Tuesday 9 September 2014

99 Hexagon Quilt Top Finished

Finally...I finished the quilt top with hardly any scraps left.

Bit of a dark photo, but just when I was about to photograph this, the weather turned quite ugly. Also, my camera is still in for repairs which is a bit of a hassle...

Anyway this is it. All done! I have just enough black fabric left for the binding and that is it. Have been on the hunt for a backing fabric but cannot find anything suitable. This will have to wait a bit ...at the moment I am thinking that I might just get some solid yellow for the backing, however this could take a while as the yellow seems quite difficult to match.






Apart from this I did some wild FMQ practice today in preparation for my Plus quilt that is waiting to be quilted. Watched some YouTube videos on different designs and then played with Angela Walters hooked swirl design


I love this design but still need to do some more practice on this, particularly the scale...I would like to get it a bit bigger. Not sure whether this will do as an overall design...might have to loose the hook and just go for a bigger swirl...

Anyway this was a lot of fun to do...no idea yet what design I actually would like to do on the Plus quilt.




Karin

1 comment:

  1. Perfect border fabric for the hexagons, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts