Prepared the Plus quilt for basting
In line with my efforts to only use what's in my stash, went through and found a nice birdhouse print. Some years ago I had this bright spark of an idea to buy yardage of fabric when it was on special to use for backing...great idea, except I paid little attention to the patterns. When looking at the birdhouse print I realised that I would have to piece it together to make it wider...now there was a hassle. Nearly went out and bought a wide backing piece.
Nevertheless I persevered to match the pattern. First, I looked at this fabric for a very long time to identify the pattern repeat...once I had this I then took the selvage off on both sides and then painstakingly marked the spot where I wanted the fabric to meet including the 1/2 inch seam allowance. Carefully cut both pieces at the marked lines and hoped for the best. Took my time with this and managed to piece this together nicely...
The seam is almost invisible. I wonder whether there is an easier way of doing this...this took me ages but turned out ok for the most of it.
Ready for basting once I put some batting together...have arrived at the last lot of batting. Feeling very frugal at the moment.
Linking up to Quilt Story Fabric Tuesday