Monday 28 July 2014

On With The Show

Continued on my 99 hexagons but have not much to show for ...completed three and a half rows by now and did manage to get into a bit of a rhythm with it. Just a matter of persistently picking it up.

Also continued on my little Chicken quilt (already forgotten what I am calling this). After much deliberation I returned to my original idea of quilting a grid over the squares. Nothing groundbreaking but I think it fits the simple design.


Yep, happy with this...I did this with the walking foot in the end and my trusted masking tape for guidance. This is why I prefer FMQ...forgot how many loose threads one has to sew in. Thankfully this is not a big quilt! Wondering now whether I should FMQ in the sashing or not...not sure whether this would be too much as I am planning to put a FMQ Swirl in the inner red border.

No idea yet what to do with the sunflower border. Any suggestions?

Linking up to Anything Goes Linky Party at Stitch by Stitch


Karin

3 comments:

  1. Great quilt! What about feathers on the borders - your feathers are SO beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt. Looking forward to seeing the hexagons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some times the simple option is the best Karin. I love the simpicity of your little quilt and don't think you need to add any other quilting. Grid quilting always looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts