Monday 19 May 2014

Scrap Happy

I am in my own little world at the moment...still continuing on my scrap reduction mission. Even using up many of my filled bobbins in an attempt to free up a few more bobbins (can't remember what I used taupe thread for but had several bobbins filled with this, so just started piecing with it). I also did do a few more of my spiderweb blocks and while sorting through the endless supply of strips and cut offs, I stumbled across the chicken print. This is about 7 years old...I have made one major quilt out of this, fussy cutting the individual chicken and setting them into a Churn Dash block. After that I made also a table runner...in the end I was left with all these oddly shaped cut offs.


Could not resist and cut the whole lot into squares, then dug deep and found some leftover pieces of the chicken wire fabric, then some left over green squares from above quilt and a few more coordinating prints and so designed this very simple quilt. I know "country" is not that popular at the moment, but I just love it (hence most of my fabric has some sort of country theme).

Apart from the border fabric, all scraps
Had a lot of fun stitching this together while watching some TV...so relaxing! Only took a couple of days, and finished it today. The quilt is small, measuring only about 38"x 45". Finally used up that sunflower print that I once bought on impulse. Very, very bright! Not sure exactly what I will do with this, however know exactly how I am going to quilt it. I send away for a Fine Line Quilter's ruler from Accents in Design that you can FMQ with - want to try this out a bit. Saw this over at Amy's Free Motion Quilting Adventures and thought this was a great tool to have to do some grid work (maybe even stitch-in-the-ditch?).

Linking up to Anything Goes Linky Party at Stitch by Stitch.

Karin

2 comments:

  1. You've got a quick and colourful result, and got rid of all those odd bits. Well done.
    Please post on how you do with the Fine Line Rulers. So far everyone is enthusiastic about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chicken quilt sure looks like a lot fun! And a great way to use more of that chick-fabric!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts