Tuesday 15 October 2013

Blasted Intersections

Sharing a bit of frustration today. I am in the midst of assembling my Disappearing Four Patch quilt started last month (or was it the month before).

This is a carefully planned scrappy type of quilt, made with some country fabric that I had in my stash. Block construction was alright, however due to the middle sections being ironed open I have had some hassles getting things to line up properly at times. The intersecting seams tended to slip just slightly over now and again which in this pattern becomes very noticeable. So, lots of pinning which slowed me right down.

I have finished 42 blocks now and this morning was looking forward to putting it all together. I love this part when it all comes together. For some reason I did not think about that the same seams would have to be met at the top/bottom and sides. So, assembly has been slow going with several seams having to be re-done...very frustrating.

First 2 rows...

 
 
Next few rows I did in about half an hour...go figure!
 
 


3 more rows to go...this is indeed a sneaky little block. While quite easy and straightforward to construct, accuracy really is a must with this. Very deceptive.

Finally, I made it on a Tuesday to link up to Freemotion by the River




Karin

6 comments:

  1. Karin your quilt looks great. Some quilt blocks as you say look easy to make until you begin sewing the blocks together. I dealt with this in a more minute way with the St. Louis 16 patch. Wishing you the best with the last 3 rows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allthough I am a beginner with piecing, I know what you mean. But it seams to me your piecing is spot on! It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good information about how hard it is to piece the blocks back together. I have been wanting to make one of these, but I may hold off now. It is the perfect block for your primitive fabrics, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What we think may be an easy block may turn out to be much harder than you think! I've had the same problems. Your piecing looks like it's coming out great! Keep up the good work! You're doing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks beautiful but I can see that it would be hard to match up all of those seams!! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts