Monday 8 April 2013

Finish: Pack N' Go Tote

I am finished!


 
 
 
A big thank you to Mhairi, mtnquiltr and also to Linda in Calif for their encouragement and good advice. It came at a time when I really felt like chucking it...all seemed a bit too hard and complicated. Had to leave it for a day or two just to get a bit of a grip. Followed Linda's advice and re-did the lining by 1/4 inch. In the absence of any clue seemed like a good idea and given that the lining appeared way too big I thought that that little bit smaller might just make the difference. Must admit, I was a bit nervous when I put it in...but yes, that did the trick. While still loose, it just fitted that little bit better.
 
After that I had a lot of fun making those little pocket closures and the fabric-covered buttons. Turned out really nice, I think.
 
Now back to the quilting...need to baste my Colour Adventure quilt and then I am looking forward to do some more feather quilting (also attending a whole day workshop on feathers on Friday...really excited about this)
 


Karin

4 comments:

  1. Nice little tote bag, Karin. You should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a truly lovely bag. I am glad that the lining worked out in the end. You have made a beautiful bag, I hope that you enjoyed the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love totes, yours is real pretty!
    It looks so sturdy, how big is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabrics are very pretty and the tote design eye-catching. I think you did well. I read about your misadventures with the tote, but am glad it worked out.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts