Monday 4 March 2013

WIP #3: Baby quilt

Pressing ahead...

Worked out what I want to do for my baby quilt in terms of all-over design


 Had to draw this a couple of times to experiment with the size. Now this does not look very difficult but loops can be tricky. Easy to back yourself in a corner when you are going the wrong direction. I am aiming for a scale of about 1 in circles spread over a 3in space.














Tested this on the fabric. Initially I was going to use light orange thread but I decided to go with cream. The quilt top is busy enough and the light orange will show any little irregularity in roundness of the loops and compete with the blocks. I think I will go for the blend in effect...






Karin

4 comments:

  1. I love those little zebras! That's one lucky baby. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely...I'm such a novice at anything like this, but seeing you add that extra circle in the loop is inspiring me. =) I should practice more too.

    Visiting from Anything Goes Monday. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those loopy loops suit that baby quilt to a T! Glad to see the progress! Congrats on another job well done, Karin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Love the zebras and the loops!

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts