Saturday 19 January 2013

Blockbase Sew Along #7

This is Blockbase Sew Along #7 and the block for this week is Thunder and Lightening (#1774).



I foundation pieced this block to keep it to 8", as all my other blocks are that size. Also thought it would be quicker...ha, ha, maybe not. Without fail, I did not have all of the areas covered, struggled with orientation of the fabric to be flipped  over (the whole reverse thinking does my head in) and usually once or twice, cut off the fabric that I had just sewn on...given that I am working on a foundation pieced project at the moment you would think that I would get better at it, but somehow my brain really struggles with foundation piecing.

Anyway, have a look at all the blocks at the Blockbase Sew Along over at the EQ blog 'Behind the Mouse' ...it is really interesting to see the one block in different colour combinations and how this changes its appearance.

Until next time

Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts