Friday 1 June 2012

WIP#4-Table Runner top completed

Steadily working away. Basted my FMQ practice quilt on the weekend ready to be quilted in-the-ditch and continued on my table runner.

I was not wrong when I said that I was a bit out of practice with the 'Claws' block. Those points were a bit tricky and the whole thing is far from perfect. However, this is not going to be a show piece and as such it was declared 'good enough'.


Japanese Table Runner 18"x36"

Love this fabric...very intense. Hopefully I will have enough to make the binding out of the burnt-orange inner border fabric. I use a free Rotary Cut Straight Binding Strips Calculator at Block Central to work out how many strips are needed. Very handy and takes care of some of the maths for you.
This little table runner lends itself to some fine FMQ in the white background spaces. Last time I quilted a feather shape in the two diamond shapes in the middle and half of the motif in the  pyramid shapes of the star. The corners were then microstippled for good measure. Still thinking about what to do this time...wouldn't mind a different motif.

I am linking up to Leah Day's Last Vacation Link Up which is part of the Quilt Along Wednesdays that is going to start up again next week.
Until next time

Karin

2 comments:

  1. Love the oriental fabric. Your good enough looks like a stunning little table runner to me;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts