Tuesday 20 March 2012

Quilt Along with Leah Day

I'm back and I am running seriously behind...moving and settling into our new home took heaps longer than I had anticipated. We are now in, half way settled, Internet has been sorted out (needed to change my email address all over the place which took some time) and life is becoming a bit more normal again. I have not quilted at all in this time - my physio is very happy with my progress and I did not have the heart to tell her that this is probably because I have not been sitting hunched over the machine. I need to seriously consider getting a sewing table in the near future where I can lower my machine to be level with the table...our dining table is just too high and causes all sorts of shoulder issues.

I listened to Leah's instructions on marking quilts the other day and got started on this today. I am going to use white fabric so I am thinking that the lines can be seen through this and I will just trace them onto the fabric with a blue erasable pen. Hopefully this works as I do not have a Lightbox. If this fails the windows will probably do the job as well.

I will also finally baste my baby quilt and try to get the quilting done over the weekend...and then link up again next week, hopefully with some photos of my progress.

PS: the cat is doing very well and is now outside. While quite humourous, taking the cat for walks on a leash in the garden at least twice a day did pay off...when we finally let her go she felt quite comfortable with the area.


Karin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts