Saturday 9 April 2016

2016 Finish Along - Second Quarter Goal List

2016 FAL
The first quarter of the 2016 FAL was certainly a lot of fun and gave me the much needed motivation to get cracking on some projects. I finished my first list on time and even managed to start my Wholecloth project that I had been talking about in the first goal list. Bonus!

Here is my list of goals for the second quarter

#1 Wholecloth Grid Sampler - currently working on this. Very slow going due to the gridwork. Just finished stitching down the skeleton.

#2 Mandala Quilt for SA Guild Challenge - So far have the general rough structure of the design. Need to fine-tune this and get stitching! This needs to be finished by July
 #3 WIP: A Field Guide - has come to a dead stop as I have run out of thread, however this can be finished with an ever so slightly different shade of the same colour. I think I just used this as an excuse to start something new.
 #4 WIP: Oriental Robert Kaufmann Fabric Quilt-No Name Yet!
Has additional border already attached. 'Just' needs basting and quilting.
 #5 UFO from 2012 - can't believe I have not finished this, just needs the binding.
This is the quilt that I used to participate in Leah Day's QAL in 2012...one of the best QAL I ever participated in...learned heaps, 'met' a lot of interesting people and above all, cemented my love for FMQ.
 #5 WIP: Thousands Pyramids Quilt - ambitious maybe, but let's put it down. I have about a hundred more units to go...


 Linking up to Eleven Garden Quilts for the FAL Quarter 2 Link Up


Karin

1 comment:

  1. I really like how your simple quilting change your simple quilt design to something really interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts