Saturday 12 September 2015

More Bags

My sewing room is a mess...there is interfacing and batting, various quilts in certain stages of construction. For some reason I am completely immersed into bag-making at the moment.

Took the pattern for the Victoria Tote by Rebeccamaedesign that I found on Craftsy and played with the dimensions...needed it a little big bigger to make another bag for my daughter. Also changed the  stabilization a bit for the bottom, given its bigger size.
Exterior done and handles ready to go
It looks great! Bit worried about the size though. Here is a comparison to the first bag that I made
I am really impressed with this pattern and the way it described every step. Learned so much from it and as you can see was able to make some adjustments to fit what I needed. For the inside of the new bag I made a pocket instead of a zipper as this might be more useful for my daughter. Still attached the D-rings on the interior as well as the exterior as this looks quite cute and on the inside of the bag this is quite useful for attaching keys etc.
Will make another one after this as I still got heaps of fabric left from the first bag. So enjoyable!

Linking up to the Creative Goodness Linky Party over at Quiltshopgal

Karin

2 comments:

  1. You are doing super with your bags, glad you are enjoying making them. And the fun continues when you use it and get compliments on it from stangers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bags, Karin! They look great!

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts