Saturday 16 May 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival Spring 2015

 spring 2015 BQF Button

Can't believe it is that time of year again. Where does time go?

I am entering in the Mini Quilt category with my '99 Hexagon quilt' that I finished late last year. As it is both hand and machine pieced and quilted on my DSM, I thought that that category probably fits best.





 Work in progress











The quilting was done with my trusted Aurifil 50/2 thread in a yellow colour. I outlined each side of the hexagons with a bit of a curve and used the black hexagons to stitch a simple flower design. This was good fun as I did this row by row, going down stitching curves and on the way back included the flower on the black hexagons.
The inner border was quilted with a leaf design which suited the overall floral theme.






99 Hexagon Quilt
The finished quilt measures 41" x 45".

The Blogger's Festival is hosted by Amy's Creative Side. You can find the main Festival post HERE.

The Linky is open now, going through to the 21 May. From 22-29 May you can vote for your favourite categories and on May 30 the winners will be announced. Lots and lots of quilty goodness!


Karin

10 comments:

  1. Love this quilt and the flower pattern is my favourite! I loved watching this quilt grow, so pleased it is finished and that you have entered it in this festival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love your design and wonderful fabrics :)
    Greetings from Poland
    Kamila

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love your design and wonderful fabrics :)
    Greetings from Poland
    Kamila

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a "honey" of a quilt Karin - Love your tiny little hexies! Have a great time at the BQF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore anything hexagon and what's not to love yellow,black and gray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really pretty fabrics and quilting !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty!! I'm partial to yellows and grays so scrolling thru the pics, your quilt was the first post I visited.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sew very pretty! I love the yellow and gray fabrics together, and your quilting!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts