Wednesday 4 February 2015

Just For Fun- GO! Strippy Catch-All Basket

I only have two blocks left on my WIP A Field Guide, hence I thought it was time to do something more fun, given that I am still not convinced about the colours of the quilt. Not excited about it at all but forcing myself to complete it.

So, a bit of fun was on the agenda...I saw these cute fabric baskets over at Freemotion by the River. Connie had found a free pattern for the GO! Strippy Catch-All Basket on the Accuquilt website

http://lghttp.10957.nexcesscdn.net/804DA9/Accuquilt.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/q/pq10430_l.jpg

Really liked this and when I saw  Connie's Batik ones, I just knew I had to make one.

A friend of mine gave me some batik strips when she returned from a trip from Bali last year. Just beautiful

I picked the orange-red strips, following the pattern a bit by inserting a contrasting cream strip

The construction is very easy. You don't need a GO! Cutter and there is really no requirement to follow the pattern in terms of the arrangement of the strips. I just liked the look of it. 
5 1/2in x5 1/2in x 4 1/2in
Got myself some fusible fleece today and just whipped it up. Very fast to do. One of those instant gratification projects. Came out alright although I had to laugh...after so many years of quilting I spent most of the time on trying to get an exact 15in x 15in square. Struggle with squaring up every single time! The only other issue I had was that I did not leave enough gap to pull it through, which resulted in a bigger opening which was not secured properly leaving that side of the edge a bit untidy when I slip stitched it closed. But apart from that, turned out really quite nice.


Planning on making a few more of those. The pattern gives 6 different sizes.

Linking up to Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River. Connie, if you see this...thanks for sharing that link the other week, this was good fun to make.

Also linking up to Friday's CreativeGoodness Linky Party over at QuiltshopGal.

Karin

2 comments:

  1. Came out great! I'm going to check out the pattern. I don't have a GO! Cutter but doesn't sound like I need it. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Karin! Love the orange batiks and I know I can't wait to make another one!

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts