The colours are fresh and bright...
...and the border fabric really sets it off nicely
Attaching the border fabric took a little while. Don't know about you, but I find that directional border fabric can be a real hassle. This looked all nice and straight but when it came to the cutting I saw how the print veered off on both sides. Initially then I had a look at whether it would be better to cut lengthwise...sometimes the print will run straighter on the lengthwise grain. However, no such luck! As I had a limited amount of the fabric, I did the best I could and given its busy nature it is hardly noticeable. The next hurdle was the joining of two pieces to make up the length using a diagonal seam. Ha, ha...I spare you the detail, but needless to say that took me ages and given the veering off of the pattern, it does not always join in line with the pattern. But again, when finished you would really have to search for this (and we are not going to do that).
Unfortunately I did not have time to take a photo, but I bought this great fabric for the backing...looks like it consists entirely of selvage pieces and matches the colours of the quilt.
Anyway, I am linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced and Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts.
Until next time