Sunday 21 April 2013

WIP: Colour Adventure Progress

Here is a quick update on the Colour Adventure quilt. Managed to finally baste this quilt and got going on the motif for the star.



I used the bamboo batting that I had lying around...forgot that I had a major issue with bearding last time. Bit of a hassle...also think that more puffy batting would have been a bit better to make the quilting stand out more.

Currently pondering what thread to use on the surrounding areas...I have a greenish thread that I think will blend in. I am planning on some swirls or similar in the surrounding areas...

Belated link up to FMQ Friday on the FMQ Project

Karin

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt and love your feathers FMQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilting, Karin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful Karin! I often suggest Quilter's Dream wool to my clients who want a natural fibre with higher loft. I have to keep it in ready stock for one lady. lol I love the bamboo stuff too but sometimes you need a bit more pouf! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi...thanks for stopping by and commenting. Very much appreciated! I will endeavour to answer all comments via email. Please check that you are not a no-reply blogger as there is no way of responding to you (other than by reply on the blog). If you need help with this issue, please head for Tutorials for a link on how to fix this issue.

Popular Posts